Order of Military Merit
BOL006 Orden al Mérito Militar
- Order instituted on 5 February 1927.
- Order awarded to Generals, Officers and Soldiers of the National Army for heroic deeds or relevant military deeds in time of war.
- Order awarded in seven grades:
- a. Iron Star (Estrella de hierro) - awarded to military personnel, who resulted wounded in combat. Badge have two types: for one wound and for two wounds.
- b. Bronze Medal (Medalla de bronce)
- c. Bronze Cross (Cruz de bronce)
- d. Silver Cross with red enamel (Cruz de plata con esmalte rojo)
- e. Silver Cross with blue enamel (Cruz de plata con esmalte azul)
- f. Gold Star (Placa de Oro)
- g. Collar of Honor (Collar de honor)
- Germán Busch - hero of the Chaco War.